Worshipping Lord Shiva in the Sawan Month has much importance. As, Monday is the day devoted to Lord Shiva so the Monday within the Saawan Month is most significant to do Shiva Puja. To absolute, the Shiva Pooja keeps quick on each Monday. Read on Laghurudra, Maharudra and Atirudra Path on every Monday.
The day to please Lord Shiva is the monthly Shivratri, Ekadashi, Poornima, Amavasya, Month of Shravan, Teej and Mahashivratri Festival.
What are the pooja items required for Shiva Pooja At Home?
1. A Shiva lingam is the primary requirement
2. Items such as water, milk, honey, curd, curd are the Panchamrit things necessary in order to perform Abhishekam on Shiva lingam
3. Bilva leaves, sandalwood paste, vibhuti and oil lamps and incense are also offered to the Lord.
Steps for Shiva Pooja at Home Vidhi
1. Devotees have to watch a strict fast for the full day of the Shiva Pooja
2. Taking a bath before time in the first light is essential to cleanse one’s mind, body and soul.
3. Mantras like the Shiva Bija Mantra, Maha Mrityunjay and other name mantras are to be chanted during the Shiva pooja.
4. Flowers and fruits are accessible to appease the Lord along with the lights of lamps and incense.
5. Panchamrit Abhishekam is performed on the Shiva Lingam.
6. Shiva Pooja must be done through Pradosham Kaal, which falls on the 13t day of both Krishna and Shukla Pakshas.
The Benefits of Shiva Pooja
1. Protects from negative effects of Shani or Saturn
2. Keeps away main diseases and improves overall body and mind health.
3. Helps you be more determined and attain professional success.
4. Brings harmony to your marriage and your family life.
5. Gives guts to face the variety of difficulties of life.
6. Helps to increase Moksha or salvation in the afterlife.